2017 Annual Conference Registration
What is included with registration?
• Access to all panel sessions
• Access to all receptions and events*
• Access to the Exhibit Hall
• Access to the 2017 Films Expo
• Conference Program, Tote Bag, Drink Ticket to Member Reception
• The opportunity of a lifetime to network with past, present, and future colleagues
*Student Reception is open only to registered Graduate Students.
What are the registration rates?
Conference pre-registration rates are offered from September 21, 2016 to February 21, 2017. Anyone interested in registering for conference after February 21, 2017 must register in Toronto at the on-site registration counters located in the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
| Pre-Registration Rate
| On-Site Rate
Preregistration with payment must be received by Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:59 p.m. Eastern
On-site registration rate applies to anyone not registered by the preregistration deadline and registering on-site in Toronto.
»*To qualify for the member registration rate, your membership must be current.
»**To qualify for the student member rate, you must have a current STUDENT membership. Student memberships are $35. IMPORTANT: If you have signed up for a regular membership at ANY OTHER RATE and simply indicated ‘student’ as your occupation, this does not qualify you as a having a student membership.
»The rates listed above are for the full four (4) day conference. We do not offer Individual Day Rates.
»Friends and Family: Spouses, partners, family members, or friends are welcome at the convention but must pay full registration fees to attend panel sessions. No exceptions.
Registration Category Definitions
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for the AAS Conference.
• Regular Member – Anyone who has joined the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) and whose membership is current and has not expired prior to registering for the 2017 Conference.
• Student Member – Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when registering. Post-doctorates are not considered students.
• Non-Member – Anyone who is not a current member and/or whose membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2017 Conference.
How do I register?
All conference attendees must first LOG IN to our website to complete the online conference registration form. If you require assistance either activating your account, logging in, or creating a new account, please see these instructions.
If you are a current AAS Regular Member, the registration system will automatically recognize your membership status and display the $140 member conference pre-registration rate on your registration application.
If you are a Student Member, the registration system will automatically recognize you as a student member and display the $60 student pre-registration rate.*
If you are a Non-Member (including a recently lapsed member) the registration application will display the non-member rate of $265. To secure the member rate, you must FIRST complete a membership application, including submitting payment. Thereafter you may come back to the registration page and register for the Conference as a member. To JOIN the AAS, click here to access the membership application.
*Student Members: You must have joined the AAS as a Student Member ($35). If you joined as a regular member and selected ‘Student’ in the demographics section of your membership application, this does not qualify as a STUDENT MEMBERSHIP. MEMBERSHIP IS NOT REFUNDABLE. Student Memberships are approved after having submitted valid documents which show proof of student status.
You may register online, via fax, or mail.
To register via fax or mail, simply print and complete the registration form, then forward it to the AAS. Fax: 734-665-3801; Email: AASRegistration@asian-studies.org
• Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
• Pre-registrations emailed, postmarked, or faxed after the February 21, 2017 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register on-site in Toronto at the posted on-site rates.
• A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
If you are unable to attend and require a refund, the AAS charges a $20USD administrative cancellation fee for all registration refunds issued. PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR REFUND REQUESTS
• PANEL PARTICIPANTS REFUND REQUEST: The deadline for anyone participating in a panel session (Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) to request a refund of conference registration fees is December 1, 2016. Refund requests from participants received after December 1, 2016 are not eligible for a refund. All refunds will incur a $20USD administrative fee.
• GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: The deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating in a panel session) to request a refund and cancellation is February 21, 2017. After February 21, 2017, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type, including no-shows. All refunds will incur a $20USD administrative fee.
• All refund and cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please mail, fax, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; Fax 734-665-3801; E-Mail: email@example.com.
Permission to Photograph Likeness
By registering for the Association for Asian Studies Conference you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Conference Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any AAS conference session or event is prohibited without the approval of the AAS. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by AAS will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photograph, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the Association for Asian Studies (“AAS”), its assigns, licensees and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by AAS.