The registration desks are now officially open and the AAS 2018 Annual Conference has begun! We hope all attendees had safe travels to Washington, D.C. (without running into too many weather-related delays thanks to yesterday’s surprise snowstorm) and are ready for an exciting and productive four days.
Thursday highlights and important information:
• Registration and badge pickup counters, located on the Lobby Level of the Marriott Wardman Park, are open from 12:00 noon until 9pm today. Graduate student stipends can also be picked up by eligible students during those hours; that counter is located across from the registration desks.
• Film Expo screenings start at 12:30pm in the Taft room (Mezzanine Level) and continue through the evening. Many screenings will be followed by a Q&A with the director. Can’t make it to a scheduled screening? Talk with the Film Expo staff and arrange a time in our on-demand screening room.
• Please join us at 6:00pm in Marriott Ballroom, Salon 3 on the Lobby Level for the opening keynote address by Haejoang Cho of Yonsei University. Professor Cho will speak on “Generation, Reconnection, and Reciprocity: Hopes for a United Front of Youth Precariat in East Asia.”
• Panel sessions will take place between 7:30 and 9:30pm.
• Graduate students are invited to join AAS Officers at the Graduate Student Reception beginning at 9:30pm tonight in the Thurgood Marshall West room (Mezzanine Level).
• Anyone in search of a distraction-free space to work or relax is invited to the Quiet Room in Park Tower 8209. Please do not use cell phones or conduct meetings in the Quiet Room.
• A Nursing Mothers’ Room is located in Park Tower 8229 for the convenience of conference attendees.
Again, we welcome everyone to the 2018 Annual Conference! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to approach a member of the AAS staff, or tweet @AASAsianStudies with the #AAS2018 hashtag.