All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
AAS REQUIRES PREPAYMENT FOR BOOK ORDERS. We accept payment by check or by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express). Checks must be written in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank, and made payable to the "Association for Asian Studies." We will issue invoices when requested (please contact Teresa Spence at email@example.com) and will ship the books upon payment of the invoice.
AAS MEMBER PRICE. AAS offers discounts on publications to its members. Book purchases using your AAS member discount are for individual use only, not for bulk/classroom orders or for resale.
POSTAGE AND HANDLING: The following rates apply for book orders—with the exception of "Key Issues" booklets and "Collecting Asia" (see below) and subscriptions to Education About Asia and the Asian Studies Newsletter (postage is included in the subscription price).
If you are ordering a total of MORE THAN FIVE BOOKS, postage will be individually calculated on the basis of weight. For orders of 1–5 books the following rates apply:
- U.S. orders: add $5.00 for the first copy, $2.00 for each additional copy.
- Canadian orders: add $10.00 for the first copy, $3.00 for each additional copy.
- Rest of the world: add $18.00 for the first copy, $5.00 for each additional copy.
FOR "COLLECTING ASIA":
- U.S. orders: add $10.00 for the first copy, $5.00 for each additional copy.
- Canadian orders: add $20.00 for the first copy, $10.00 for each additional copy.
- Rest of the world: add $35.00 for the first copy, $10.00 for each additional copy.
FOR "KEY ISSUES" booklets:
- U.S. orders: add $3.50 for the first copy, $2.00 for each additional copy.
- Canadian orders: add $5.00 for the first copy, $2.50 for each additional copy.
- Rest of the world: add $12.00 for the first copy, $3.00 for each additional copy.
- Book orders (with the exception of "Key Issues" booklets) are shipped Library Rate within the USA and First Class Mail International to the rest of the world. We will be pleased to ship your order via Priority Mail or UPS if you agree to pay the additional charges. If you require expedited shipping, please notify us at the time you place your order.
- "Key Issues" Booklets are mailed First Class/Priority Mail in the U.S. and First Class International for non-U.S. orders.
- For bookstores, the regular discount is 10% on the list price of all publications.
AAS DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS with the exception of books received in damaged condition. Please contact Teresa Spence at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission to return any books received in damaged condition.
Complimentary desk copies are provided to instructors who have adopted a text for a course with a minimum order of ten books having been placed with AAS. All desk copy requests must be submitted in writing by e-mail, mail or fax. Desk copy requests will not be taken over the phone. If you are adopting a book from AAS for the first time, you will need to submit your desk copy request on institutional letterhead (Requests on letterhead sent as an e-mail attachment are acceptable.) If you have adopted an AAS text in the past, your written request does not need to be on letterhead. We observe a limit of one desk copy per class per book adopted. Please include the following information in your request:
Instructor name, institution name, shipping address (no P.O. boxes), phone number, and e-mail address
Course name and season taught
Course level (graduate, undergraduate, or continuing education) and expected enrollment
The use of the text (primary, supplemental, or recommended reading)
E-mail your request to Teresa Spence at email@example.com, fax (734) 665-3801, or mail to the address below.
QUESTIONS? Contact Teresa Spence at (734) 665-2490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association for Asian Studies
825 Victors Way, Suite 310
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA
Tel: (734) 665-2490
Fax: (734) 665-3801