*If you would like to receive the print program in advance, you may pay an optional $15 postage fee. The program will be mailed approximately 2 weeks prior to the conference start date.
Please review the following definitions to determine which registration category you should select for the AAS Conference.
Regular Member – Anyone who has joined the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) and whose membership is current and has not expired prior to registering for the 2019 Conference.
Student Member – Anyone who has joined the AAS as a student and is currently working toward an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degree. Proof of qualifying student status is required when registering. Post-doctorates are not considered students.
Non-Member – Anyone who is not a current member and/or whose membership has expired prior to registering for the AAS 2019 Conference.
Register online using the 'Register Online' button above or click the 'Print Form' button to download a print form. Print registration forms may be faxed or emailed (see form for more details). Questions: Send an email to AASRegistration@asian-studies.org or call 734-665-2490
• Purchase orders, wire transfers, or requests for invoices are not allowed for conference registration payment.
• Pre-registrations emailed, postmarked, or faxed after the February 21, 2019 posted deadline will not be processed. Late registrants will need to register on-site in Denver at the posted on-site rates.
• A $25 fee will be assessed for returned checks.
If you are unable to attend and require a refund, the AAS charges a $15 administrative cancellation fee for student registrations and $20 for all other registration categories. PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES FOR REFUND REQUESTS
• PANEL PARTICIPANTS REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are ultimately unable to attend, the deadline for anyone participating in a panel session (Organizer, Panel Chair, Presenter, or Discussant) to request a refund of conference registration fees is December 3, 2018. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students/$20 all other categories). Refund requests from participants received after December 3, 2018 will not be granted.
• GENERAL CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REFUND REQUEST: If you have paid the registration fee and are unable to attend, the deadline for a general conference attendee (not participating on a formal session) to request a refund and cancellation is February 21, 2019. All refunds will incur a cancellation fee ($15 students/$20 all other categories). After February 21, 2019, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type, including no-shows.
• After February 21, 2019, no refunds will be issued for cancellations of any type, including no-shows. All refund and cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please mail, fax, or e-mail cancellation requests to: Registration, Association for Asian Studies, 825 Victors Way, Suite 310, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 USA; Fax 734-665-3801; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to Photograph Likeness
By registering for the Association for Asian Studies Conference you are agreeing to the Policy Governing the Recording of Conference Sessions and/or Events. The recording, rebroadcasting or reproducing of any AAS conference session or event is prohibited without the approval of the AAS. Any presenter of a session or event recorded by AAS will be notified ahead of time and asked to complete a release form. During the course of this conference, I acknowledge that I may have my voice, likeness and/or actions captured in photograph, video and/or audio recordings. As a condition of my attendance at this conference, I agree to irrevocably grant to the Association for Asian Studies (“AAS”), its assigns, licensees and successors the right to video, photograph, publish, record, broadcast, exhibit, digitize, display, copyright, license, transfer, reproduce, translate, modify, edit or otherwise use perpetually throughout the world, in all media now and hereafter known or devised, in whole or in part, my image, likeness, voice, name and actions in audio and video recordings, photographs and materials prepared by and/or disseminated by AAS.